ᑐᑭᓯᒋᐊᕈᑏᑦ ᑲᑎᖅᓱᖅᑕᐅᔪᑦ ᐊᑐᐊᒐᖓ | Cookies Policy
Last Updated: February 18th, 2022
What are Cookies?
A Cookie is a small text file that becomes stored on your computer or mobile device when you view a web page or certain types of content-rich e-mails. Cookies remember information. Arctic Co-ops uses the following types of Cookies:
- Necessary Cookies: Required for our website to function correctly.
- Performance Cookies: Tracks web page visits, including frequency, and how individuals browse the site.
- Functional Cookies: Increases the base functionality of our website. For example, allows you to watch a video.
- Targeting Cookies: Remembers your online behaviour (on and off our website). Targeting Cookies may remember your IP address, device used (computer or mobile) device ID, date and time you browse, address of a referring website, your pathway through our webpages, as well as your cart and purchase history. Arctic Co-ops and third parties, including advertisers, social media networks, search engines and service providers use Targeting Cookies to provide you with online behavioural advertising. These are relevant and personalized ads provided to you based on your browsing history. Targeting Cookies are also used analyze and monitor overall website behaviour and traffic.
- Necessary Cookies: Allows our website to function correctly.
- Performance Cookies: Evaluates the use and performance of our website.
- Functional Cookies: Helps you navigate the website and use website features.
- Targeting Cookies: Chooses website content to provide a more personalized shopping experience for you. This may include showing you ads based on your interests. They support and measure Arctic Co-op’s promotional and marketing efforts. For example, we will track if you’ve visited a particular ad on our website and how often you’ve seen the ad. We may also track if you’ve opened a promotional email we sent to you.
How long are Cookies stored on a computer or device?
- Persistent Cookies: Persistent Cookies do not expire after you close your browser. They remember your information and settings for future visits to our website. For example, your language preference.
- Session Cookies: Session Cookies expire after you close your browser. They remember your information and settings during your current visit to our website. For example, items in your shopping cart.
Can I turn off cookies?
You can turn off necessary, performance, and functional Cookies. However, turning off these Cookies may impact our website’s performance and your ability to use some of its features.
You can turn off these Cookies through your web browser. You can learn how to do so by following these links:
Targeting Cookies – Online Behavioural Advertising
You can choose to turn off Targeting Cookies without impacting our website’s function and performance. However, when you turn off Targeting Cookies, you may miss certain products or services that may be of interest to you. If you opt out of receiving online behavioural advertising, you will continue to receive advertising, but it will not be based on online behavioural information about you.
How will I know if this notice changes?
We will provide additional information about significant updates. We will also post the date our Cookie Notice was last updated at the top of this page. Please check this Cookie Notice page periodically for changes.